The Department of Child Development at California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) invites applications for a Tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor (Academic Year) with the appointment starting in Fall 2022.
For the complete job description including how to apply, please visit https://careers.csudh.edu/dh/en-us/job/503810/assistant-professor-child-development
The position is open until filled. The review of applications will begin on November 1, 2021. For full consideration, please submit your completed application with the required materials no later than October 31, 2021.
At CSUDH, we celebrate and respect diversity in all forms that include every race, religion, gender, ethnicity, veterans, people with varied abilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. CSUDH is seeking applications from candidates who can demonstrate experience in teaching and working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and contribute to the University’s mission, vision, and core values.
Department of Child Development
The Child Development Department resides in the College of Health, Human Services and Nursing. We have over 1000 undergraduate majors from diverse age, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds. Our students seek careers working with children and families. We are integrated into our local community through our fieldwork courses and strive to emphasize a sense of social responsibility throughout our curriculum.
The Child Development program focuses on the study of individual development from conception through adolescence within a plurality of contexts. Students are provided with fundamental knowledge of theoretical and methodological concepts, developmental processes, and current issues in the field. We believe that child development professionals play an important role in society with a significant impact on children. To ensure that our students graduate as well prepared professionals, our program rests on three fundamental elements of knowledge, skills, and integrity.
For more information about the department: https://www.csudh.edu/child-development/
- This is an academic year Tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Child Development.
- Begin date is August 2022.
- We are seeking candidates with a doctorate in Child Development, Developmental Psychology, or closely related field. Area of specialization is open
- Teaching and advising undergraduates; mentoring undergraduate research and scholarship
- Conducting scholarship in line with the mission of the department, college, and university
- Providing service to the department, college, university, and the profession
- An earned doctorate in Child Development, Developmental Psychology, or closely related field by the start of the appointment
- Evidence of teaching Child Development related course(s).
- Experience in teaching undergraduates from diverse age, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Evidence of scholarship that is in line with the mission of department, college, and university.
- Evidence of teaching Child Development related course(s) for 4 academic terms (4 semesters or 4 quarters).
- Background in Early Childhood Education or atypical development.