The Causality and Mind Lab at Brown University (PI: David Sobel) anticipates hiring a full-time Lead Research Assistant (staff) position starting in Fall of 2019.
The successful applicant will contribute to the lab’s research on children’s social cognition and causal reasoning, related to a set of NSF-funded projects. Responsibilities will include developing and implementing study materials, helping in design of experiments, recruiting and testing child participants, coding and analyzing data, monitoring human subject compliance, programming and managing experiments through Matlab, operating and managing the lab’s computer systems and apparatus for manual reach tracking, and supervising undergraduate research assistants. The position is for two years with a third year possible. More information about the lab is available here.
Required qualifications are
• BA or BS in Psychology, Cognitive Science or a related field with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a research laboratory.
• Experience working with child participants in a research environment.
• Experience collecting and maintaining data from child participants.
• Ability to work independently.
Preferred qualifications are
• Proficiency in Matlab.
• Knowledge of at least one statistical programming environment (e.g., R, SPSS, Stata) and experience with data analysis.
• Knowledge and experience with video coding.
• Experience working specifically with children between the ages of 3-7.
To apply, please include a CV and a cover letter stating your research interests and experience. Please indicate any programming experience on your CV. Please also include the contact information of three individuals who will act as references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position has a flexible start date, although we anticipate the position being filled before the end of the calendar year.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.