Postdoctoral position: Open Science Practice in Infant Research
The Concordia Infant Research Lab, directed by Dr. Krista Byers-Heinlein, is seeking a Concordia Horizon Postdoctoral Fellow to join our dynamic and friendly lab. The lab is housed in the Psychology Department of Concordia University in Montreal, on the beautiful Loyola Campus. The postdoctoral fellow will be positioned at the forefront of an Open Science revolution in infancy research, a movement which aims to improve the practice of scientific research based on cooperative work and new ways of diffusing knowledge by using digital technologies and collaborative tools. The postdoctoral fellow will take a leadership role in large, international collaborative projects on infant development (i.e., ManyBabies) and conduct meta-science research aimed at improving research and Open Science practice in infant research. The postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to develop their own research ideas within the context of a research program on early language acquisition and bilingualism, implementing and innovating Open Science practice.
Academic qualifications required
· PhD in Psychology, Cognitive Science, or a related discipline
· Excellent computational, statistical, and technical skills (knowledge of R is an asset)
· Demonstrated commitment to Open Science
· Interest in human development, particularly in the areas of infancy and bilingual development
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Applicants must not currently hold a postdoctoral appointment at Concordia
· Priority will be given to postdoctoral fellows who have obtained their PhD from another university although in exceptional cases Concordia graduates may be considered
· Applicants must adhere to the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria outlined in Concordia University’s Postdoctoral Policy
Timeline and application process
The Postdoctoral Fellow must start his/her appointment by August 31, 2020.
· All documents must be submitted to .
· Please include the reference number 7003 with your application
· One to three (1-3) page research statement demonstrating fit with the program described above.
· Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (maximum 5 pages).
· Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers to be sent via e-mail directly to .
The prestigious Horizon Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $47,500 per year plus benefits and full access to Concordia’s services, including GradProSkills.
Concordia University is a vibrant research and teaching environment, with state-of-the-art research facilities and many research centers. Concordia is located in Montreal, Canada, a diverse and creative city, often ranked as offering one of the best quality of living experiences in North America.