English/Spanish Bilingual Project Assistant Position
BELLE Project and Video Interaction Project – NYU Grossman School of Medicine
We are seeking a bilingual project assistant (VIP Coach) to work on behavioral and research projects in the Department of Pediatrics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine (PI: Alan Mendelsohn, MD). We are examining and delivering parenting interventions to improve child development outcomes in at-risk populations at pediatric clinics across in New York City (e.g., the Video Interaction Project; www.videointeractionproject.org). The candidate will be responsible for multiple project tasks, and will work with a multidisciplinary team of pediatricians, psychologists, and other child development professionals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Administer standardized program to parents of infants and young children, which involves tips about reading, playing, and interacting with children, videotaping parents and children playing together, providing general positive reinforcement about the video (Video Interaction Project)
- Maintain records of family participation in the program, maintain databases
- Develop rapport with parents and children who are in the program
- Coordinate with parents and track/schedule upcoming program visits
- Conduct interviews with parents about a range of topics, including screens for depression and questions about their child’s development and behaviors
- Prepare, update, and translate project-related documents
- Maintain and organize project materials
- Assist with coordination and training of volunteers
- Collaborate and meet with multidisciplinary team of research and clinical staff
- Administer standardized, pre-existing developmental assessments of toddler and preschool children’s cognitive and language development, as well as self-regulation
- Recruit research participants and obtain informed consent
- Transcribe and/or code videotapes (using micro-analytic coding techniques)
- Provide general support if needed related to project or research tasks such as grant preparation, Institutional Review Board, literature reviews, and documentation
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish
- Bachelor’s Degree in child development, child life, infancy, special education, family processes, maternal and child health, or related field
- Previous experience working with infants, toddlers, children and parents in educational, hospital or mental health settings; previous research experience is preferred but not required
Previous experience w/ databases, e.g., Epic, Excel, REDCap, or other similar programs preferred
This position is anticipated to be based at NYC H+H/Bellevue in Manhattan, although positions at other locations in NYC may also be available. For a full list of locations, please see www.videointeractionproject.org/locations.
All candidates may be required to spend time at other local sites in NYC or training and/or program delivery, and there may be opportunities for involvement in other ongoing programmatic and/or research projects.
To apply: If interested, please fill out an online Interest Form: https://is.gd/belleprojectapplication
If you have any questions or require additional assistance, please reach out to Yuliya Gurevich via email: . Please include “VIP Coach Job Application” in the subject line. A verbal 1- to 2-year commitment is required. Full time positions come with comprehensive benefits packages.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.