The Sleep, Cognition and Neuropsychiatry (SCAN) Lab http://manoachlab.mgh.harvard.edu is looking to hire a Clinical Research Coordinator.
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
We are looking to hire a college graduate with strong organization and interpersonal skills as a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) for several projects investigating the neural basis and nature of cognitive deficits in neuropsychiatric disorders. This is an excellent research opportunity for someone bound for graduate school in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, or medicine. The primary line of investigation focuses on the contribution of abnormal sleep to impaired memory consolidation in schizophrenia and autism. The techniques employed include polysomnography (sleep electroencephalography), magneto- and electroencephalography (MEG/EEG), functional connectivity magnetic resonance imaging (fcMRI), and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI). The CRC will work closely with the Principal Investigator, lab mates, and collaborators on all aspects of the research projects. Training in data acquisition and analysis will be provided.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The CRC will be responsible for managing patient studies, recruitment, screening, and characterization of study participants.
- The CRC will be required to run overnight and nap studies in the laboratory or home to acquire EEG, ERP, and MEG data. The CRC will be responsible for entering these experimental data into computerized databases.
- The CRC will also be responsible for sleep scoring, artifact rejection, and other data processing, along with maintaining accurate records and overseeing data integrity.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting in general laboratory management and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior experience in sleep research and/or EEG methods is preferred.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems, Matlab, and some programming experience is an asset.
- A background in psychology, statistics, and neuroscience is an asset.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Technical aptitude and comfort with troubleshooting.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized data processing (word processing, spreadsheets, and databases).
- Strong interpersonal skills required for interaction with subjects and laboratory members.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, juggle and prioritize multiple tasks, feel comfortable working with clinical and non-clinical study populations, work as part of a team and seek assistance when appropriate.
Full-Time (40 hrs/wk). Office and clinical settings. Must be willing to conduct sleep studies overnight and on weekends. Two year commitment required.
To apply please use Job Number 3114385 on the MGH Career Opportunities web page https://www.massgeneral.org/careers/jobsearch.aspx.