Lab Coordinator in Cognitive Neuroscience
The Preston Lab
Center for Learning and Memory
The University of Texas at Austin
The Preston Lab is recruiting a full time Lab Coordinator with a start date in summer 2021. The lab uses behavioral, computational, and brain imaging techniques to explore how children, adolescents, and adults acquire and use knowledge. The Lab Coordinator will play an important role in experiment development and implementation. The position is ideally suited for some who is looking to gain experience in advanced neuroimaging methods before applying to graduate school.
The primary responsibilities will be the management of behavioral and neuroimaging studies of memory in lifespan samples. Daily responsibilities include:
– Recruitment and scheduling of child, adolescent, and adult participants
– Behavioral and brain imaging data collection
– Data processing and statistical analyses
– Training of undergraduate students
– General administration of lab finances and IRB protocols
– BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science or a related field.
– Previous research experience, preferably with behavioral and/or fMRI techniques.
– Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Flexible availability for data collection and outreach events.
– At least 1-year experience working in a research lab with children and/or adolescents.
– Programming skills (e.g., MATLAB, Python) or the ability/willingness to acquire these skills.
To apply, please follow this link: https://utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UTstaff/job/UT-MAIN-CAMPUS/Research-Lab-Coordinator_R_00011995