Position Available—Full-time Lab Manager/Research Technician, Duke University
The ID Lab (Identity and Diversity Lab), directed by Dr. Sarah Gaither at Duke University in the Psychology and Neuroscience Department seeks a full-time (with benefits) lab manager/research technician beginning July 2020 (flexible). The initial appointment would be for one year, with the possibility to extend for additional years based on performance and funding. The lab manager/research technician will manage all aspects of the research program investigating social identities, perceptions, and behavior with both adult and child populations.
– overseeing day-to-day lab operations
– designing, running, and analyzing experiments with children and adults
– coordinating, training, and proactively working with motivated undergraduate research assistants
-working with the Social Sciences Research Institute for underrepresented participant recruitment
– maintaining IRB protocols, budgeting, website, undergraduate award applications, etc.
– assisting in planning lab events, social brown bag events, and trainings
– a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related discipline
– one or more years of research experience, preferably with children and/or diverse populations
– excellent organizational and multitasking skills and the ability to work independently
– strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
– extremely efficient in email correspondence
– skills in Qualtrics, Direct RT, Media Lab, Mechanical Turk and knowledge of SPSS or R
– working knowledge of image and/or video design and editing (e.g. Photoshop, Final Cut)
-experience and/or interest in working with diverse populations
This position is ideal for individuals who wish to pursue research in the future. The lab manager/research technician will be involved with scientific presentations, the writing of journal manuscripts, and the ability to start their own projects in collaboration with Dr. Gaither and her students. The Duke ID Lab believes in mentoring the next generation of diversity scholars.
To Apply: Please upload your resume/CV and a statement of interest (two pages single-spaced max) including information for three references we may contact for letters. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting March 23rd until filled.
Duke is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.