The Causality and Mind Lab (PI: Dave Sobel) at Brown University is looking to hire a new, full-time Lab Manager. This position will manage and contribute to research on children’s causal reasoning, developing social cognition, and parent-child interaction. The Lab Manager will participate in all facets of the lab’s research program. This includes: Developing and implementing study materials, helping in the design of online and in-person laboratory experiments, scheduling and testing participants, monitoring human subject compliance, programming and managing experiments through Matlab, and other software environments, operating and managing the lab’s computer systems and apparatus for 3D manual reach tracking. The lab also has a long-standing partnership with Providence Children’s Museum, and the Lab Manager often leads a team to conduct research and engage in scientific outreach at the museum and in other informal learning environments.
· Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Education or a related field is required.
· 1-2 years of related research experience (a combination of education and work experience will be considered).
· Familiarity with Matlab or other program languages (e.g., Python, C++).
· Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
· Previous experience with developing experimental stimuli, design, planning and execution of empirical studies, particularly with young children.
· Experience with data analysis (R or SPSS), presentation, and reporting.
· Knowledge of research in cognitive development, broadly construed.
Interested applicants can apply at the URL at https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/staff-careers-brown/job/Metcalf-Research-Lab/Research-Assistant_REQ170035. Please include a cover letter, cv, and the names and contact information of three references.
Brown University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.