The Conceptual Development Lab (CDL) at the University of Michigan is seeking a full-time Lab Manager, to start July or August, 2021.
The position is Lab Manager of the Conceptual Development Lab, directed by Dr. Susan Gelman. The lab examines the development of language and thought in young children. See: https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/gelman-lab/
The Lab Manager will help to coordinate, design, and collect data on multiple projects in this laboratory. Duties will include training and supervising undergraduate students on their projects and tasks; scheduling and recruiting participants for participation in research; organizing, cleaning, and coding natural language and behavioral data; testing participants (children ages 2-17, parent-child dyads, and adults). The position includes the opportunity to co-author empirical papers.
The Conceptual Development Lab is currently conducting research remotely, with the possibility of moving to in-person research.
– Minimum one year’s experience in a research laboratory in psychology
– Experience working with children
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent communication and writing skills
– Bachelor’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, or related field
– Experience working in a developmental research laboratory
– Computer skills, specifically SPSS, R, and Excel Macros
– Experience with data management software (e.g., FileMakerPro)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply here: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/196562/lab_manager. A cover letter, resume, copy of unofficial transcript, and the contact information of three potential references is required to submit through the applicant portal. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a final candidate has been selected. The anticipated start date is no later than Monday, August 2nd, 2021. This is a one-year position with possibility of renewal.