Job Announcement: Postdoctoral Fellow
Haskins Laboratories, 300 George Street, Suite 900, New Haven CT 06511
Project Directors: Drs. David J. Lewkowicz & Richard Aslin
Qualified individuals are invited to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship at Haskins Laboratories (https://haskinslabs.org). The successful candidate will join the Language Learning and Multisensory Brain (LLAMB) lab co-directed by Drs. David J. Lewkowicz and Richard Aslin (https://llamblab.haskins.yale.edu/) and will be supervised by both PIs. The lab investigates the cognitive and neural bases of language learning and development using behavioral (eye-tracking) and neuroimaging (fMRI, EEG and fNIRS) techniques in typically developing infants, children, and adults. In addition to joining the LLAMB lab at Haskins, the successful candidate will be able to take advantage of the intellectually rich community at Yale University and the Yale School of Medicine.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to oversee a new NIH-funded project investigating the development of overt and covert attention in human infants using eye tracking and EEG frequency-tagging methods. This is a full-time, 12-month, two-year appointment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and consistent with NIH NRSA stipends.
1. PhD in a relevant field such as Psychology or Cognitive Neuroscience or a related field
2. Evidence of scholarly activity and research productivity
- Experience working with infants
- Strong programming skills (e.g., MATLAB, E-Prime, PsychoPy or other relevant programs) and experimental and statistical analysis skills (R, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience with EEG signal acquisition and analysis (e.g., EGI) and with eye tracking (e.g., Eye Link)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment on multiple tasks and projects and a willingness to train and mentor others
- Excellent scientific writing skills
To apply for the position, please send a letter of research interests, a CV, and contact information for three references to Tammy Ursini, Administrative Coordinator () with “LLAMB Lab Postdoc” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled (preferably by September 1).
Haskins Laboratories is a private, non-profit research institute with a primary focus on speech, language, reading, and their biological basis and has long-standing, formal affiliations with Yale University and the University of Connecticut. Haskins Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.