The Department of Psychology at Princeton University is seeking a full-time, Spanish-English bilingual research specialist (i.e., lab manager), under the supervision of Dr. Casey Lew-Williams. The successful candidate will work in the Princeton Baby Lab, and have frequent contact with postdocs, graduate students, senior thesis students, and research assistants, as well as various faculty members. Targeted start date is June 1, 2020. The position is a term appointment of one year with possibility of renewal (ideally two years, or more).
The research specialist will participate in all aspects of projects on early learning in infants and toddlers, with a particular focus on Spanish-English bilingualism. Primary responsibilities will include:
– Testing young children using various research methods, such as eye tracking, LENA, and fNIRS
– Coordinating participant recruitment
– Developing stimuli for experiments
– Mentoring undergraduates
– Setting up and maintaining operations of the lab through general administrative duties
– Conducting a study or two of interest to you
– Bachelor’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, linguistics, communication sciences and disorders, or related cognitive science fields
– Conversational proficiency in both Spanish and English
– Have a demonstrated interest in cognitive science
– Be able to write very clearly for any audience
– Be able to jump from low- to high-level work, and back again
– Get along well with other people
– Have excellent communication skills with young children and families
– Be able to get tasks done efficiently
– Be detail-oriented, motivated, creative, organized, and able to work independently
– Experience with research methods in developmental science
– Experience with R, Matlab, or other software
– Experience with audio/video editing programs
Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Please apply to requisition #2020-11391 at https://careers.princeton.edu. Include a cover letter describing your research experiences and career goals, CV, and contact information for two references. For more information, please email Casey Lew-Williams (). Applications will be reviewed beginning on February 20, 2020.