Location: Remote or Austin, TX
About Deans for Impact
The mission of Deans for Impact is to ensure every child is taught by a well-prepared teacher. We do this by bringing together leaders of educator-preparation programs who want to change the way they prepare beginning teachers; helping these leaders transform their programs through evidence, including our best scientific understanding about how students learn; supporting them to sustain changes over time; and building their capacity to influence policy.
We believe that a great workplace is one where you are inspired by your colleagues, and deeply engaged in your work every day. Six core values guide us:
* Model professionalism – We seek out feedback and foster growth through honesty and humility.
* Be good stewards – We care deeply about our culture and our colleagues, and support each other with grace and understanding.
* Practice good pedagogy – We create learning environments where all voices are heard; gather evidence to inform our decisions; and design learning activities with the end in mind.
* Always seek solutions – We are nimble in developing solutions to problems and testing them, and then we iterate based on what we’ve learned.
* Design for inclusivity – We fight racist policies and ideas, including those that have been embedded in our US education system.
* Transform the system – We take risks to create transformative change, and we’re not afraid to fail.
The role of Program Manager at Deans for Impact
Deans for Impact works closely with teams from educator-preparation programs to transform how they prepare future teachers. At the core of this work is the Learning by Scientific Design Network, a national effort involving educator-preparation programs that are working together to redesign teacher-candidate experiences and anchor them in principles from learning science.
As a key member of the Learning by Scientific Design team, the Program Manager will facilitate professional learning sessions and provide individualized coaching to support faculty and staff as they imagine and implement a new arc of preparation experiences for future teachers. The Program Manager will also be responsible for developing and maintaining processes to ensure the smooth operation of the network.
The Program Manager will be responsible for:
* Supporting program teams – through ongoing, individualized coaching – to design effective learning experiences for teacher-candidates and anticipate and overcome implementation challenges
* Facilitating in-person and virtual learning experiences to support program faculty and staff in building understanding of cognitive science – their own and that of the future teachers they prepare
* Actively building and sustaining positive, productive relationships with network participants
* Managing the day-to-day work of the network, including creating and managing a workplan, coordinating communications with network participants, developing structures to share learnings across the network, and collecting and analyzing data to ensure that the network is on track to achieve its goals
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply. We will consider candidates with greater seniority and are open-minded about adjusting the role to match experience level.
* You have at least six years of professional work experience in teaching, teacher preparation, or curriculum design, including experience with practice-based teacher preparation or professional development
* You have experience in instructional coaching and/or facilitation of adult learning
* Skills and qualities:
* You are an effective facilitator and coach of adult learners and have a strong track record of using data and evidence to drive improvement
* You can juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage time effectively, and deliver high-quality work on time
* You listen carefully, and think about how your history and experiences influence your perceptions.
* You take initiative, anticipate challenges, and proactively pursue solutions to problems ranging from the mundane to the complex.
* You recognize the connection between historical injustices and present-day inequities in education – and want to work to remedy them.
How to Apply
Please visit bit.ly/DFICareers <bit.ly/DFICareers> to submit your application for the Program Manager position.
If you have any questions, please reach out to <> . We will start screening candidates in October 2020 and will continue until we find the right person. Deans for Impact attracts top talent, and we offer competitive wages and benefits.
For more information, visit www.deansforimpact.org <www.deansforimpact.org> .
At Deans for Impact, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission. We hope you will join us as we continue to build an organization where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and all identities are affirmed.
Deans for Impact provides equal opportunity in employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.