The Faja Lab at Boston Children’s Hospital is seeking motivated undergraduate students for a summer internship opportunity.
Responsibilities will include assisting in study visits, collecting electronic surveys from parents, data entry and scoring, and data coding. Some student interns will have the opportunity to learn about electrophysiological data processing. Our lab conducts clinical and cognitive assessments for children with neurodevelopmental disorders. Summer interns participate in didactics on research methodology and attend seminars on topics such as professional development and atypical child development. The internship is unpaid, but many students are able to access funding through their home institution.
• • Currently enrolled in a college/undergraduate university setting and majoring in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, or related field, as well as a part- or full- time summer commitment, with potential for continuing part in the fall
• • Availability for flexible scheduling including evenings and weekends to facilitate visits
• • Previous experience with children
• • Computer skills including working knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems
• • High level of motivation; ability to work independently and as part of a team; excellent communication, organization, and attention to detail
Preferred experience includes:
• • Knowledge of psychophysiological/electrophysiological recording and/or eye-tracking measures
• • Previous experience with autism spectrum disorder
• • Previous experience working in a research setting
• • Experience with data entry and management
• • Knowledge of basic statistics software and basic experimental presentation and collection software
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, CV/Resume and complete an application here.
Applications are due by March 1, 2021 and will be reviewed by mid-March.