Assistant/Associate Professor, Applied Developmental Psychology, The Open University of Catalonia (Barcelona)
The UOC is an innovative university that is rooted in Catalonia and open to the world. Its mission is to provide lifelong learning enabling the progress of both individuals and society as a whole.
The UOC’s strategic plan is to be a university that, as part of the worldwide network of universities, drives the creation of a global knowledge space and conducts cutting-edge research in the knowledge society.
The UOC has its own unique model of education, which is innovative, student-centred, and provides quality training that can be customized to students’ individual needs, enhancing their competitiveness and contributing to the progress of society.
The person selected will join the UOC’s Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences, in a full-time role as part of the applied developmental psychology teaching team.
The UOC’s Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences is currently working on consolidating the quality of teaching on its bachelor’s degrees, and on developing new proposals for postgraduate studies. We are looking for candidates who will contribute to these objectives, specifically in the field of developmental psychology. Candidates are expected to have professional experience as well as university teaching and research experience in at least one of the following fields of application: developmental optimization, psycho-educational treatment for development disorders, early care, psychological treatment for people with disabilities, or similar. Ideally this experience will have been acquired treating people at different stages in their lives.
The candidate may be required to teach on both bachelor’s degree and postgraduate programmes, and to contribute to the design and deployment of new programmes offered by the Faculty of Psychology of and Education Sciences.
The successful candidate must specialize in developmental psychology (as opposed to psychology of education or other areas of psychology).
UOC faculty promote and direct distance learning in their fields of expertise. Particular attention must be given to the preparation of programmes of study, course contents and teaching materials, as well as the supervision and coordination of students’ learning processes. Faculty members are also responsible for driving innovation, especially in terms of methods and techniques used in distance learning and research activities in their fields of expertise.
The successful candidate will be awarded an open-ended, full-time contract. Scheduled start date: January 2020.
The place of work will be the UOC’s 22@ centre, Rambla del Poblenou 156, Barcelona.
· PhD in psychology (not in education or other related disciplines).
· Postgraduate qualification specializing in developmental psychology.
· University teaching experience (course design, teaching methods, implementation, materials, etc) in courses within the field of developmental psychology (bachelor’s and/or master’s degrees).
· Experience researching in the field of applied developmental psychology.
· Professional experience in psychological and/or psycho-educational treatment in one of developmental psychology’s fields of application.
· Professional experience treating people at different stages in their lives.
· Good interpersonal skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills, in Catalan and Spanish.
· Ability to work well within a team.
· High level of initiative, and ability to work in innovative environments.
· A continuous improvement- and results-oriented approach.
Also of interest:
· Formal accreditation of teaching and research career.
· Teaching and/or professional experience relating to the use of digital technologies for psychological or psycho-educational treatment.
· Experience in innovative university environments.
· International experience teaching or researching developmental psychology.
· Experience designing and implementing new courses and/or programmes in bachelor’s or master’s degrees relating to developmental psychology or psychology of education.
Deadline for applications:
The deadline for application submissions is 15 December 2019.