PostDOC position in child neurodevelopment.
Institut, Seminar, Klinik / Institute, Department, Clinic
Department of Neonatology of the University and University Hospital Zurich.
Abteilungsbeschreibung / Description of UZH unit
The Larsson-Rosenquist Foundation Professorship for Neurodevelopment, Growth and Nutrition of the Newborn is based at the Department of Neonatology of the University and University Hospital Zurich and collaborates with the Child Development Centre of the University Children Hospital of Zurich.
Aufgabenbereich / Responsibilities
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding psychologist/neuropsychologist to join our team as a senior researcher. The role holder will assume technical and organizational leadership functions in the setting of studies focused on the structural and functional neurodevelopment of HM- and non-HM-fed infants taking into account and investigating the confounding role of psychological- and sociodemographic characteristics/dynamics of the subjects studied and their families.
Research and Teaching
– full and co-responsibility for specific study projects and publication of scientific contributions;
– conduction / organization of neurodevelopmental assessments of the child;
– conduction / organization of standardized assessments of family/environment dynamics;
– train and supervise junior group members (PhD and master students).
Beschäftigungsgrad / Workload in %
100 % (negotiable) for 3 years (extension for 6 years possible)
Anforderungen / Qualifications
Educational background with PhD in psychology/neuropsychology (or related field). Research experience in child development and familiarity with psychological methods of investigation of advantage. Previous postdoctoral position of advantage but not mandatory.
– interpersonal and networking skills and enthusiasm for interdisciplinary work;
– proficient statistics skills.
Sprachkenntnisse / Language requirements
– good written and oral communication skills in German;
– proficient written and oral communication skills in English.
Wir bieten / We offer
– Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and an interactive scientific atmosphere;
– Possibility to combine clinical and basic research in the field of child neurodevelopment;
– Opportunities for professional development
For additional information about an employment at the University of Zurich and the city of Zurich, please visit http://www.pa.uzh.ch/en/Willkommen-an-der-UZH.html
Stellenantritt / This position opens on
Auskunft erteilt / More information
Bewerbungen / Application
Please send your application as one single PDF file to " > (subject: PostDOC clinical research). Include in your application a cover letter with statement of motivation, publication record, transcripts of BSc, MSc and PhD grades, CV (max 2 pages), and 1 letter of support (or the names and contact details of 2 referees). (Prof. Dr. med. G. Natalucci, Department of Neonatology, University Hospital Zurich, Frauenklinikstrasse 10, 8091 Zürich)