The Conceptual Development Lab (CDL) at the University of Michigan is seeking a full-time Lab Manager, to start July or August, 2019.
The position is Lab Manager of the Conceptual Development Lab, directed by Dr. Susan Gelman. The lab examines the development of language and thought in young children. See: https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/gelman-lab/
The Lab Manager will help to coordinate, design, and collect data on multiple projects in this laboratory. Duties will include training and supervising undergraduate students on their projects and tasks; scheduling and recruiting participants for participation in our on-campus lab; recruiting and outreach to off-campus testing sites; organizing, cleaning, and coding natural language and behavioral data; testing participants (children ages 2-17, parent-child dyads, and adults). The position includes the opportunity to co-author empirical papers.
– Bachelor’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, or related field
– Minimum one year’s experience in a research laboratory in psychology
– Experience working with children
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent communication and writing skills
– Experience working in a developmental research laboratory
– Computer skills, specifically SPSS, R, and Excel Macros
– Experience with data management software (e.g., FileMakerPro)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should contact Nicole Cuneo () with a cover letter, resume, copy of unofficial transcript, and the names of three potential references. Please indicate “Gelman Conceptual Development Lab” in the subject line of your email. Review of applications will begin on June 10th and continue until a final candidate has been selected. The anticipated start date is no later than early August, 2019. This is a one-year position with possibility of renewal.