The Infant Communication Lab at the University of Pittsburgh directed by Dr. Jana Iverson (http://www.pitt.edu/~icl) is looking to hire a full-time research assistant starting June/July 2019. This position is ideal for a recent college graduate wishing to gain more research experience in a developmental psychology laboratory before graduate school. It involves working on an NIH-funded study of the development of walking, exploration, and language in infants with vs. without a family history of autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Responsibilities include participation in data collection at home visits, coding of infant behavior from video, data entry, assistance with recruitment, data processing/management/analysis, and supervision of undergraduate research assistants.
A two year commitment is requested. Opportunities to conduct independent research, submit presentations to conferences, and prepare papers for publication are available. Individuals who have held this position in the past have gone to graduate programs in psychology, speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, and education.
For a full description of the position and to apply please follow the link below:
– B.A./B.S. and course work in psychology or related area
– Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
– Prior research experience
– Substantial research or work experience with very young children and with children with ASD or other special needs
– A strong interest in developmental psychology
– Experience using software such as Microsoft Excel and Word
– Comfortable with technical trouble shooting
– Well-organized, attentive to detail, calm under pressure, and comfortable multitasking
Skills that would be put to good use include:
– Experience with video coding
– Experience with data management
– Experience with kinematic data collection
– Experience with Matlab and Datavyu
– Coursework in developmental psychology, language development, motor development, and statistics
– A sense of humor
Please include a cover letter, CV/resume and contact information for three references with your application. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Questions regarding this position can be directed to Jana Iverson ().