CDS Pre-Conference Workshops.
Submissions are now CLOSED. Thank you to everyone who submitted.
Pre-conference Workshops are different from symposia and oral scientific presentations, in that they provide a teaching opportunity, allowing participants to acquire or extend their skills, learn about new techniques or technologies, or gain in-depth knowledge in a particular topic related to cognitive development research.
Two options are available for Pre-Conference Workshops:
Half Day Workshops
3 hours in length, and will be scheduled either in the morning (9:00AM – 12:00PM), or afternoon (1:00PM – 4:00PM)
Full Day Workshops
A maximum of eight hours in length, including a break for lunch and must be completed by 5:30PM.
All workshops will be held on Thursday, March 21, 2024, prior to the official start of the conference.
Please note: Pre-conference Workshop organizers must be a current member of CDS, and will be required to be registered for the 2024 Biennial CDS Conference.
**Workshop organizers are responsible for all costs associated with the pre-conference workshops, but may elect to charge participants to recoup some of the cost.** More information on costs and budgetary planning can be found here.
Workshop Proposal Submission Requirement
Workshop proposals must contain the following information using the online submission form:
- Workshop Title
- Names and Contact information of the workshop organizer(s)
- Names and affiliations of workshop presenters
- Proposed format of the workshop – Half Day or Full Day
- A summary of the workshop that can be used for information for delegates (maximum 900 characters)
- An abstract for the workshop to include (maximum 8000 characters):
- Summary of the proposed theme and motivation
- An explanation of the workshop’s relevance to the goals of attracting new scientists and encouraging inter-disciplinarity
- A description of what you hope the pre-conference will accomplish
- The format the workshop will follow (creativity is encouraged)